Greek Olive Oil Recipes - Spinach pie (Spanakopita)
Spanakopita recipe (Spinach pie)
· 1 Kg. fresh spinach
· 3 onions
· 4-5 big scallions
· 3 tbsp. chopped parsley
· 3 tbsp. chopped dill
· 500 gr feta cheese crumbled
· 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
· 2 large eggs
· A package of phyllo sheets
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat some of the olive oil in a large pan.
2. Saute the onions and scallions until tender.
3. Add the spinach, parsley, and dill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the spinach is half cooked.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the mixture to a bowl and add the whisked eggs and the feta crumbles.
6. Unwrap the phyllo sheets.
7. Find a rectangle pan, and oil every side of it. Then place the first phyllo sheet on top and oil it again.
8. Place half of the sheets on the bottom of the pan. Make sure each one of them is oiled.
9. Place the mix on top of them, and straighten it in the pan. Add the rest of the phyllo sheets on top, oiling each one of them.
10. Place the pie in the fridge for a few minutes. When the phyllo has hardened, try to divide the pie to even pieces.
11. Place in preheated oven in 180 C, for half an hour, or until it has a golden crust.